Skip to main content

Plan-Organize-Recreate: Most Effective Practice for a Bounce Back at Life!

credit: third party image reference

Often it happens so that we are in a difficult situation, something really bothers us and our thinking is just stuck to one thing. Well, this situation right now, is worldwide considering the current situation. With the loss of people for some, loss of jobs for some, loss of mental health for some or even loss of wealth for some. Every person is somehow stressing either about their past or their future. In simple words, everybody is in a difficult situation.

While, most people feel that only if we move forward this difficult situation, ‘we can do something with life’/ ‘we can change our lives’ because let’s face it everyone feels stuck at their house. But, the truth is anything which is better for us is the ‘present’. So, rather than thinking about how much my life will change after this situation, think about how I can deal with the current situation and get the best out of ourselves.

The single most effective habit to deal with our emotions and stress in present is ‘Journalling’.

Well, I have had shared one of my blog on ‘journalling’ which is majorly focused on how to feel more optimistic to make the right decisions in life, I call that framework as the ‘Past-Amazing-Experience’ in Journalling.

This framework is called as the ‘What-Why-How-What Analysis’ in Journalling. As the name implies we ask these simple four questions when in stress or in a difficult situation.

1) ‘What do I feel?’ : It becomes the most crucial part of the process where we actually put in words what exactly we feel about the situation we are in.

For example: I just had a small vacation with my family after which I felt completely bored and lethargic to do anything productive. I happened to pen down this situation on paper.


2) ‘Why do I feel this way?’ :

We put less thoughts as to why we feel the way we feel. This is because we have been doing something differently the whole time. Sometimes we just know why we are feeling the way we are feeling and sometimes we have to just sit down and recollect as to why something is going wrong.

For example: I felt bored and lethargic because I had knowingly gave up the habit of learning something new. So, everything just seem more boring and mundane to me.

credit: third party image reference


3) ‘How do I want to feel?’ :

We know exactly how we want to feel. Having clarity about how we want ourselves to feel in life about something can be very helpful. It means that we have to picture ourselves feeling the feelings (of course the positive ones) that work better for us.

For example: I had deadlines to complete my blogs. I prefer writing my blogs when I have a more creative and peaceful mind. So, I wanted to feel that peace, that creativeness, that activeness towards my work.


4) ‘What can I do to feel that way?’ :

When you pin down this question in your journal, you open mind to all the ways you can put yourself out of some stress, difficult situation, worries and tensions. Basically, we bring our brain and mind to the ‘present’ and ask them the solution. And remember the last time you gave an advice to your friend and it worked out well. You sure as hell are an excellent advisor just not when you need one. Well, this practice is there to help you through that.

For example: When I journalled down my part on the last question, I realized that I need to input more creative things into my brain like some interesting podcasts, some informative video and many such more.

So, when I write my journal every day, I am up with different kind of moods so I have experimented with different types of journalling. When I want to feel more optimistic I go for the ‘Past Amazing Experience’ framework, when I want some clarity in my head I go for the ‘What-Why-How-What Analysis’ framework.

So,

‘What do we know?’ : We know that stress, worries, anxiety and tensions have become more common in the world due to the current pandemic situation. We can’t enjoy our social lives like we did before. With this, we need to deal with all the difficult emotions by ourselves most of the time. The most important part is we need to make peace with it and move forward in life accepting it.


‘What can we do?’ : We can experiment with the ‘What-Why-How-What Analysis’ in journalling. It is a very simple analysis that we do with ourselves. Here, we ask the questions-

1) What do I feel?

2) Why do I feel that way?

3) How do I want to feel?

4) What can I do to feel that way?


‘What have we learnt?’ : We have learnt how we can deal our situations all by ourselves just by ourselves by being our best advisor. Sometimes, just writing things down gives us a lot of clarity in our head. The feeling of dealing with difficult situations successfully gives us a moment of confidence within ourselves all by ourselves. 

 

That's all for today!

Let's meet on next Monday with another interesting segment!

Until then do like, share and comment!

Let me know your reviews regarding the blog!

credit: third party image reference

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plan-Organize-Recreate: How to think Right for Successful Life

Do you enjoy being with yourselves, ‘Just you’? If you are made to sit in a room alone for 15-minutes and provided with a button to shock yourself, will you shock yourself up or think for 15-minutes? Stay up with your answer! When Timothy Wilson, a Social Psychologist at University of Virginia, U.S. performed a social experiment to check the ‘Thinking period’ of people. Wilson and his team left the participants alone in the lab room in which they could push a button and shock themselves up if they wished to. Even if the participants agreed to pay money to avoid being shocked with electricity before, 67% of men and 25% of women chose to shock themselves up rather than sit quietly and think. This means that 67% of men and 25% of women couldn’t stand their own thought for 15 minutes. This is so sad that people feel bored and uncomfortable with their own thoughts! On the Contrary, some people are over-thinkers to an extent that they dislike themselves for overthinking ov

Plan-Organize-Recreate: In the Realm of Checklists!

Do you pre-define your tasks for the day? If not, then do you get haunted by thinking about where exactly you are heading in Life? Do you get insecure by thinking about what you are doing with your life? Does the future that you imagined yourself in seems impossible for you sometimes? Do you mess up important stuff in your Life? Do you feel lost after spending 4-5 hours on phone? If the answer is ‘YES’ to any one of the question then the solution is “Make your Check-list”. Let me elaborate for you! When World Health Organization reached Atul Gawande, a Harvard Surgeon, for a project to reduce deaths in surgery. Then, Atul and his team studied some high-risk industries like Sky-scrapper construction and the Aviation Industry. Soon they discovered that these industries have Technology, Training and one other most important thing called ‘Checklists’. Subsequently, Atul and his team with the help of some surgeons systematized and standardized the surgery process. That is, The

Plan-Organize-Recreate: If you find it difficult to stay with a good habit for long? You must read this!

Consider this situation: You read or watch something about staying fit then you decide that you’ll go for a run first in the morning. Why does it happen that some don’t even wake up for it, some wake up think about going but somehow the bed doesn’t leave them, some wake up and go for a run for a day but never continue that, some just go for a week and quit, some quit it after 15 days. Not many but a few people who continue this habit long enough to make it their daily lifestyle. They are the fitter ones. Also, those ‘not many but few’ who make such small but effective habits their ‘daily lifestyle’ are undoubtedly extraordinary. These people move forward from mediocrity and set examples for the society. However cheesy but inspiring this line sounds, majority don’t make up to it. Is it really that hard to bring change ourselves for good? Is it that difficult to create a wonderful lifestyle for ourselves? The thing is, wanting for a change is good. But, How do we make it to the destinati